|Version||0.17 (14 Aug 2007)|
|Operating system||RISC OS 3.50+|
|26/32 bit neutral||Yes|
|Download||97kB Zip archive|
MIDISupport (inc MidiMan) required !Debbie hooks into the MIDI Support system, requiring MIDISupport 0.30 or later (0.34 or later on a 32-bit OS). It works best with the full MIDI Support system, ie when used alongside MidiMan.
If you need to upgrade, contact Liquid Silicon.
26/32-bit neutralDebbie was made 26/32-bit neutral as of version 0.17. It has been linked with StubsG and thus has no special Shared C Library requirements.
The PowerWAVE module is not yet 32-bit ready, so on a 32-bit OS, Debbie will only be of use with an external XG-type synthesizer.
Provides control of primarily a DMI50XG synthesizer card, though should also be usable with any external XG-type synthesizer.
It is intended to be used in real time, playing the XG either from an external keyboard or from a MIDI file player, and using Debbie to select various voices and effects.
Debbie is implemented as a MIDI Support plugin, ie it creates a soft MIDI driver (which acts as a data conduit between the application and the MIDI Support system). You will need to use MidiMan to connect Debbie's driver to other drivers in the system, to specify which drivers Debbie receives MIDI data from and those to which it sends MIDI data.
Features include :
- Provides access to all 480 XG instrument voices, and the 11 XG drum kits (for MIDI channel 10) for each MIDI channel (ie a part, in Yamaha terminology).
- Control over a wide range of part parameters (eg volume, pan, effect sends, transpose, etc in addition to bank and voice selection as mentioned above).
- Control over all effects parameters (selection of Reverb, Chorus and Variation effect types and editing of their parameters, and effects mixing).
- Interception of MIDI messages received by the XG device from sources other than Debbie (eg a MIDIfile player, or a MIDI keyboard), enabling Debbie to keep its display in sync with the XG device.
- Save / Load snapshots of the current settings, allowing archival of setups and/or the transfer of setup data into MIDI sequencers. Snapshots can also be sent over MIDI to re-sync the XG device to Debbie's settings.